Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mike Rowe, fabulous woodturner and maker of other beautimous creations

Speaking of woodturners, I was stunned to discover this collection of amazing guns from the artisan Mike Rowe! His pieces are outstanding. I love his checkerboard inlay work and his pipes with stand, among many others. I have such admiration for artist's whose work looks like it belongs in a museum.....yet is SO tiny!! If anything, it takes much MORE skill to miniaturize, as opposed to making  them "human sized"! Here is an example of his work, with a link to his Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_rowe/






2 comments:

  1. Hi Kiva, I'm glad you found my Flickr stream and thank you so much for the compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it, Mike ;-)! Such stunning work, I wanted to share it!!

    ReplyDelete