Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nicolas of bewilderandpine on etsy....I had to have it!!!

So, I cruised to the front page of etsy, as I am wont to do, and saw what looked like a wee structure (I get VERY excited when I see tiny, tiny things ;-)). When I clicked through, I discovered an avalanche of talent!! What I saw was part of an entire set of buildings in HO, ie, tiny, train scale size!! Call me crazy, but I've always wanted to shrink myself down and live in a model train world. The artist, Nicolas, had a penchant for model trains as a child, and made a series named The Hermitage, French Country Sanctuary. I HAD to have the entire set, plus the tiny monks!! He turned out to be one cool cat, by the way, and immediately set aside everything I wanted, so it will be MINE!!!

But wait, there's more!! He and his wife have THREE more shops on etsy, and they are all phenomenal!!
Thank you, Nicolas, for making me one happy girl ;-)!

Below is the sanctuary, plus other stellar examples of his work.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/bewilderandpine

http://www.etsy.com/shop/bonjourpoupette

http://www.etsy.com/shop/myantarctica







5 comments:

  1. Kiva, great buy!! Very detailed for HO scale, I feel, especially the monks and their robes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kiva!! :)
    What a beautiful mini artwork he makes.
    Enjoy it!!! (but I am sure that you will ;)

    Thanks for the links to his shops :)

    Hugs, Jollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're wonderful, Kiva, great find! Love the little bridge with the bicyclist. I'm going to take a look at their shops. :)

    - Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work they do! You must be so stoked!! Thanks for those links!

    ReplyDelete